You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Brain Power’ category.
The Seven Wonders of the Ancient World?
No cheating, please. I can see you through your computer.
Supposedly**, Einstein created the following logic puzzle — subsequently dubbed EINSTEIN’S RIDDLE aka the ZEBRA PUZZLE — in which he claimed only 2% of the general population would be able to solve:
** NOTE: LIFE magazine published this puzzle in 1962. Many have repudiated the notion that Einstein is the author.
In a street there are five house, painted five different colors. In each house lives a person of different nationality.
These five homeowners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke different brand of cigar and keep a different pet.
Who owns the fish?
1. The British man lives in a red house.
2. The Swedish man keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Danish man drinks tea.
4. The Green house is next to, and on the left of the White house.
5. The owner of the Green house drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
7. The owner of the Yellow house smokes Dunhill.
8. The man living in the center house drinks milk.
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
10. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the man who smokes Dunhill.
12. The man who smokes Blue Master drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Prince.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The Blends smoker lives next to the one who drinks water.